1. ‘Feifei’ to be the mascot for Hangzhou 2022 Asian Para Games
- Feifei, the mascot for the 4th Asian Para Games to be held in 2022 (October 9-15) in Hangzhou.
- The design of ‘Feifei’ is inspired by the motif of the ‘Divine Bird’ in the Liangzhu Culture.
- The mascot is the fusion of Hangzhou’s heritage and its drive for technological innovation.
- The mascot helps to bring the Games to life for everybody, from the athletes to the spectators.
2. Freedom fighter R V Bhuskute passed away in Maharashtra
- Freedom fighter R V Bhuskute (94 -years) passed away in Maharashtra.
- He had participated in the Quit India Movement.
- Mr. Bhuskute wrote several books on land laws and worked for the release and rehabilitation of bonded labourers in tribal areas of the state.
3. World Heritage Day being observed today
- The ‘World Heritage Day‘ is being observed across the globe on 18th April every year to celebrate cultural heritage and encourage people to conserve our rich past.
- The theme of this year is “Shared Culture’, ‘Shared heritage’ and ‘Shared responsibility”.
- The day aims to spread awareness of the importance of protecting and preserving various sites around the world that have achieved world heritage status.
4. CBDT refunds over five thousand 204 crore rupees to help MSMEs
- According to CBDT(Central Board of Direct Taxes), Income tax refunds to over eight lakh small businesses worth over five thousand 204 crore rupees have been issued in the last ten days.
- These income tax refunds will help MSMEs to carry on their business activities without pay cuts and layoffs in this pandemic situations.
- The Income-tax department has issued nearly 14 lakh refunds up to five lakh each till date to help taxpayers.
5. Agriculture Minister launches Kisan Rath Mobile App
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has launched a mobile application “Kisan Rath” to facilitate transportation of foodgrains and perishables during the lockdown.
- This mobile application is developed by the National Informatics Centre to ensure farmers and traders are able to find transport for Agriculture and Horticulture produce.
6. Delhi govt. launches ‘Assess Koro Na’ app
- The Delhi Government has launched ‘Assess Koro Na’ mobile application to do a door-to-door survey in COVID-19 containment zones.
- This mobile application will speed up decision-making by analysing the real-time data and hence removing a major obstacle in the efforts to contain the virus.
- Through this app, the collected data can be uploaded in real-time on the servers for its immediate analysis.
7. Former Odisha minister Saharai Oram passes away
- Former Odisha Minister Saharai Oram (78-years) passed away at Barbil in Keonjhar district Odisha.
- He was first elected to the Odisha Assembly from Champua constituency (in 1971) as an Utkal Congress candidate.
- Mr. Oram not only worked for the welfare of the poor, orphans and destitute but also contributed towards promoting tribal and folk culture.
8. Indian Premier League 2020 Suspended Indefinitely
- The IPL Governing Council of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has suspended the Indian Premier League 2020 indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- BCCI will continue to monitor and review the situation regarding a potential start date in close partnership with all of its stakeholders.
- Earlier, the IPL 2020, was suspended until April 15 after the country went on a 21-day lockdown in a bid to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus outbreak.
9. TVS Motor Company completes acquisition of Norton for Rs 153 crore
- TVS Motor Company has announced the acquisition of Britain’s iconic sporting motorcycle Norton in an all-cash deal for 16 million pounds (Rs 153 crore).
- TVS Motor will acquire certain assets of Norton Motorcycles UK Ltd through one of its overseas subsidiaries.
- Norton Motorcycles is among the most popular British motorcycle brands of all time and is considered one of the most emotive marques.
10. RBI increases WMA limit for states by another 30%
- The Reserve Bank of India has provided relief to state governments by raising their short-term borrowing limit by an additional 30%.
- This is estimated to create a space for Rs 12,000 crore for the state governments looking to raise money.
- Now, It has been decided to increase the WMA limit of states by 60% over and above the level as on 31st March 2020.
- The RBI gives temporary loan facilities Ways and Means Advances (WMA) to the central and state governments.