Current Affairs 1 May 2020
We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 1 May 2020, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2020 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
National Infrastructure Pipeline submitted Final Report to FinMin; Rs 111 lakh cr projected from FY20 to FY25
On April 29, 2020, the task force on National Infrastructure Pipeline (NIP) chaired by economic affairs secretary Atanu Chakraborty submitted its Final Report on NIP for FY 2019-25 to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, projecting total infrastructure investment of Rs 111 lakh crore during a 5-year span of FY 2019-20 to FY 2024-25.
- The report highlighted policy deficits and challenges in India’s infrastructure sector and recommended reforms to scale up investment in the sector. ……….
Chhattisgarh tops among other states in providing employment under MGNREGS
- As per the data released by the Union Rural Development Ministry around 77.85 lakh people are engaged in different work under the scheme across the country.
- West Bengal secured the 4th position with 7.29 lakh workers engaged followed by Madhya Pradesh at fifth with 7.24 lakh workers, Bihar at sixth with 6.71 lakh workers, Odisha at seventh position with 4.93 lakh workers and Karnataka at the eight position with 3.65 lakh labourers under the scheme……..
India installs 7.3 GW of solar power in CY 2019 & secures world’s 3rd largest solar market: Mercom
- It reveals that the rapid pace of growth of the solar market has largely been brought about by large players with top 10 companies accounting for 68% market share in 2019. ReNew Power is the top utility-scale developer during 2019, while Azure Power owns the largest project pipeline.
- There are around 29 large-scale solar developers with a project pipeline of 100 Mega Watt(MW) or more in India……….
India ranks 53rd in budget transparency; New Zealand tops: IBP’s Open Budget Survey 2019
- Performance of India: As per IBP, the Centre for Budget and Governance Accountability (CBGA) has helped to know the performance of India in this survey, which is just a stagnation over the last few years.India also functioned better in publishing timely and relevant information in the audit reports and in-year reports.
- Reason for decline: The survey noted that non-appearance of a published Pre-Budget Statement and not presenting out a Mid-Year Review in 2018-19 decreased the transparency score for the Union Budget of India.
Disasters, conflicts trigger 5 million displacements in India in 2019: IDMC
- Around 33.4 mn people face new internal displacements because of conflicts and disasters in about 145 countries in 2019 & it costs the world USD 20 billion in 2019 for internal displacements.
- Conflict and violencetriggered 8.5 mnnew displacements in 50 countries in 2019, the majority of which were by armed conflict and in low- and middle-income countries..
Manipuri doctor Thangjam Dhabali Singh conferred ‘Order of Rising Sun’ by Japan
- The Japan Government conferred the decoration on Singh while announcing the names of the foreign recipients of the Spring Decoration 2020.
- About Thangjam Dhabali Singh: He is the founder and the former president of the Manipur Tourism Forum (MTF). Singh organised the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal of the Second World War and several Japanese citizens, including officials from the Embassy of Japan in India had participated in the event.
T S Tirumurti appointed as Ambassador/Permanent Representative of India to United Nations
- Syed Akbaruddin is an Indian diplomat who played a crucial role in pushing for designation of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar as a global terrorist by the UN.
- Akbaruddin has been serving as the permanent representative of India to the UN since 2016 January.
Manulife acquired 49% stake in Mahindra AMC for Rs 265 crore
- In this regard, Manulife has invested $35 million or Rs 265 crore in Mahindra AMC. An agreement for the same was inked in June 2019.
- Mahindra Finance now owns the balance 51%stake in its AMC.
- Both the companies aim to expand their fund offerings, drive fund penetration and achieve long-term wealth creation in India.
- The partnership will also accelerate efforts towards increasing mutual fund penetration, through innovative products and solutions.
Reliance increases its stake to 26.3% in US-based tech company SkyTran
- The company has hiked its stake in SkyTran Inc.to 17.37% through RSBVL on a fully diluted basis in November 2019.
- RSBVL acquired convertible notes in two tranches, the first one on November 29, 2019, and the second one on March 23, 2020, which were converted into shares of SkyTran Inc on April 27, 2020, upon certain conditions being satisfied…
COVID-19: Glenmark Pharma becomes the first company to get Nod from DCGI for clinical trials of Favipiravir tablets
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Mumbai, Maharashtra, became the first pharma company in India to receive approval from Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) to conduct clinical trials of Favipiravir antiviral tablets for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- About Favipiravir: The Favipiravir antiviral drug is used in few countries for the treatment of Coronavirus. The drug sold under brand name Avigan by Fujifilm Toyama Chemical has demonstrated activity against influenza viruses and has been approved in Japan for the treatment of novel influenza virus infections.
- Fujifilm has started phase 3 trial on this drug and also increased its production.
Freedom fighter Padma Shri Gandhian Hema Bharali passed away at 101
- Hema Bharali participated in the relief operations during the earthquake in North Lakhimpur in 1950 and helped the people in the Assam- Arunachal Pradesh border in the Chinese aggression in 1962.
- Hema Bharali was a front ranking Leader of Vinoba Bhave’s Bhoodan Movement and she engaged herself in rural development, strengthening of national integration, spread of basic education and removal of social discrimination…
AIIA and Delhi Police launches Ayuraksha initiative in New Delhi
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA), under Ministry of AYUSH and Delhi Police organised AYURAKSHA programme for Delhi Police personal at New Delhi.
- The joint programme titled AYURAKSHA “Corona Se Jung- Delhi Police Ke Sang” aims to fight against corona through simple and time-tested Ayurveda immunity boosting measures.
- The formulations consist of Chyawanaprasha, Anu Taila, Giloy, etc.
- It will be distributed to 80000 frontline workers across 15 districts.
Legendary footballer Chuni Goswami passes away
- Legendary Footballer Chuni Goswami (82 years) passes away.
- Chuni Goswami was the captain of gold medal winning Indian football team of Jakarta Asiad held in 1962.
- He was honoured with Arjun award, Padmasree and Mohonbagan Ratna awards for his outstanding contributions in the field of Sports.
- The West Bengal Government conferred him the highest civilian award Banga Bibhusan in 2013.
- He was also captain of Bengal Ranji Cricket team…
Labour day being observed today
- Labour Day or International Workers’ Day is observed each year on 1st May to celebrate achievements of the working class.
- The day, also called as ‘May Day’, is also observed as a public holiday in many countries.
- Labour Day is a public holiday in India as well, where it is celebrated as Antarrashtriya Shramik Diwas.
- In India, Labour Day was first celebrated in Madras on May 1, 1923 under the leadership of the socialist and leftist parties at the time.
Follow us on Facebook :- Click Here